Friday

Angel flying too close to the Ground

sometimes he plays for me. sometimes a song to make me smile. a song to make me blush. sometimes he sences the barometric pressure building. days and days building... so he sings a song that will bring the rain. the cleansing rain... sometimes he hears what i've held silent. sometimes he sees what i hide. always he knows. tonight he played. tonight i rained.
If you had not have fallen
Then I would not have found you
Angel flying too close to the ground
And I patched up your broken wing
And hung around a while
Tried to keep your spirits up
While you were feelin' down
I knew someday that you would fly away
For love's the greatest healer to be found
So leave me if you need to
I will still remember
Angel flying too close to the ground
Fly on, fly on past the speed of sound
I'd rather see you up
Than see you down
Leave me if you need to
I will still remember
Angel flying too close to the ground
*willie nelson

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear her voice
in the morning hours she calls me
The radio reminds me of my home, far away.........
driving down the road
I get the feeling that I should have been home yesterday,
Yesterday.........

West Virginia
Mountain mama
Take me hooooome, Country Roads............

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home