Saturday

and the blue ribbon goes to...

yesterday i heard the words i honestly thought would NEVER flee my four yr old's lips. "i don't want to go with you... you are the MEANEST MOM in the WHOLE WORLD!" i was picking her up from her art/dance class and she had overheard another mom tell her charges they would get ice cream today. she wanted to go with them. not get ice cream with me, but go with them... she cried and yelled but finally got in our car. after she had calmed down we were talking about it and i said how words like that can hurt my feelings. she told me with a new spurt of tears "but i don't like it. you tell me BAD WORDS ALL THE TIME and make my heart sad." my mind raced. bad words? i asked "what kind of bad words do i say all the time?" she knocked me over... "um, like..... LISTEN. and i just want to be wild and crazy ALL THE TIME!" some days are just one huge SIGH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home