Monday

Our daily bread...

After years of saying "I should be making all our breads" I am. Finally. There truly is nothing like home made bread. I love the smell of dough rising and the yeasty smell on my hands. Flour handprints on my pants. Children running in to steal bits of dough. Children begging to help knead. Children checking on the rise EVERY FIVE MINUTES. Finally the smell of baking. Then at last - we eat. Real food. The work of our hands. Taste of the earth. Thank the spirits...
This week we enjoyed whole wheat cinnamon/cardamon oatmeal raisin bread. Indian chapati. Herbed Hungarian pizza crust and bread sticks. I’ll post these simple recipes soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mucklucks and homemade bread remind me of alaskan days when you were B4. love, mk

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home