Saturday

smoke chasers

When I stepped outside this morning I could smell smoke. It was cold last night and most of the houses in town rely on wood burning stoves as their heat source. It was a wonderful Autumn feeling - the air crisp, the smell of wood burning... As we drove toward town though I realized it wasn't just a few woodburning stoves - Mexico is on fire again. One long line of cloud on the horizon in an otherwise clear sky. A sight we've seen a lot in the last few years. We get the hazy days, the constant smell of fire, and the most amazing sunsets as a result. The kids and I took a little trip to the border. In 15mins we go from Fall to Summer.

2 Comments:

Blogger ToadyJoe said...

Hey, welcome to blogland. Found you via Tulipgirl, and LOVELOVELOVE your photos and posts thus far. Will you be my friend??? I want to get to know you! :)

10:32 AM  
Blogger mtnmama said...

toady joe, welcome! and thanks. i just hopped over to your site for a quick second. (trying to multi task in the worst way today...) glad you like the site. i'll be posting more by way of introduction in weeks to come.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home