Tuesday

cycle broken


moment of truth here. the last few weeks found me in a viscious cycle. overwhelmed is the word i used as i battled the others from my mind. words like depression. words like frustrated. annoyed. intolerant. tired. hormonal. and bitter...
i felt like the photo. grey. misty. on a downward grade that unlike the sign would last much much longer than the promised five miles.

everyone told me to eat. everyone told me it was normal to feel this way with babes in the house. everyone told me to rest. offers of help poured in.
i didn't *feel* like eating. i wasn't hungry. no - it couldn't be normal to want to give your kids to the next passing stranger. i was falling fast and hard and i hated who i was... a good day was a numb day. a cycle. a cycle...

and now. i'm eating. the hunger triggers are back and i obey. my milk supply is boosted and my baby is sleeping again and allowing me some rest. i've accepted the help and not felt guilty. i feel human again. happy indeed. singing to my wild monkeys and enjoying my life...

my life as a sleepy forgetful mama.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry girl! I wish I was closer and could help you. If there is ever anything I can do, please please let me know! :)
Glad things are looking up though!

10:48 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

babe
you've been thru a lot of life changes in the last little while, you have a lot of adjusting going on there.
look after yourself. listen to yourself.
love yourself. let others love you.
loads of love.
(sorry, all the L's tonight, must be getting late....)
:o) k xx

3:08 AM  
Blogger sweetpea said...

so glad you are feeling better....i have utmost respect for busy tired mamas....

6:43 AM  
Blogger mtnmama said...

well yeah - your *almost* perfect sis has downer days too.
so many factors indeed. i couldn't even list here all that seemed to come to a head at once...
BUT - now we are on a different page. and it is oh so colorful!

thanks all for the kind words...

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was at Community yesterday after a long absence, and all of a sudden felt better.....then i thought...Bahne needs a day at Community, and with me, her mental mama. hee hee. mk

10:16 PM  
Blogger mtnmama said...

oh this is sad - i had to really think 'community' ??? and then the lightbulb burst! yes. community therapy would do the trick indeed!

10:20 PM  
Blogger mtnmama said...

well ya know there have been plenty of times i've pretended things were fine when they weren't totally... i guess what was scary with this thing is that i COULDN'T even pretend.
anyway life is in a more balenced state now! praise to all the deities!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home